Saturday, January 22, 2011

HAPPY 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!
The Lord has given me my verse of the year from Isaiah 40:31, "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint".


It has been awhile since I last blogged. Among my new year resolutions, two of them would be...
1. Blog more regularly and post up pics of my crafts and such. Perhaps at least once a week.
2. Be aggressive with my card making and begin selling the cards (and not keep them).


John has already offered to set up another site for me just for my craft sales ;) For past one week, I got a bit too crazy about the idea of making good quality cards, I surfed for inspirations and ended up desiring the craft tools and materials at online shops. Bought several stuff. Among the stuff I bought :


Craft stamp set of 75

This was a steal. Make a wild guess how much it costed me? Only £19.90! What a good set to begin my stamping art experience. God is good. Next, I just invested on an embossing cum die cutting machine, Sizzix Big Shot 'Express'.

 
Sizzix Big Shot Express

This machine is such a hot item that it is almost never in stock anywhere in UK. I have been comparing prices and checking for stock of this item for some months and it was always out of stock. The quaint thing (it's my Father's doing!) is that the night after I left one window of online shop with Sizzix on the page, I was pleasantly surprised that the item status got changed to 'Available'. I couldn't believe my eyes and I refreshed the page several times. While I made the payment (within 20minutes), the status reverted back to 'Out Of Stock' again! But I caught if when there's stock in such a short window of time. It should reach me in3-5 days. Praise the Lord. Thank God for blessing me with this item and hubby to pay for it. ^_^ Ooh, I am so excited.
This 'Express' version is an upgrade of the regular Sizzix Big Shot. Express one operates with electric. Therefore it is effortless and would do the job with just one touch of the button. Unlike the regular version, one will need to use the crank.


I started playing with Fiskars Texture (embossing) Plates using the Fiskars Texture Tool.


Fiskars Texture Tool

It can be rather tiring embossing manually bit by bit. So, usually I won't do more than 3 sheets of embossing in the same day.


I am slowly discovering more of the craft brands like Stampin' Up, American Crafts, Fiskars, Sissix, Cuttlebug, Spellbinder, Papermania, Promarkers, Memento and etc. I have to say that crafting can be expensive if you are an avid crafter. ;)


Yawn, it's 5.45am now. And I am still up because the inspiration came past midnight and I began working on some CNY cards.  Done for now. Will load the pics of the CNY cards and others that I made since I came to London. Tata.





No comments:

Post a Comment