Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blue But Not Emo



Aha!~ It’s time for another card entry. New day, new challenge, new card! ^_^ I took quite a long while composing the layout of my card according to this sketch...




Friday Sketchers
by Friday Sketchers



Sketches that have more than 3 elements like this one seems complicated to me. But nevertheless, these complicated sketches are great designs if you know how to tweak your card to it. This is my 1st time attempting such sketch. Here’s my take…












Paper: 5"x5" Cream Card, Black Card, The Spring Stack (DCWV)
Accessories: 1.5cm Silver Metallic Ribbon, Blue Buttons, Glitter Glue, Blue Trimmings
Tools:Threading Water Border Punch (Fiskars), Damask Embossing Folder (Craft Too), Sanding Block


All these blue papers and elements (except for the buttons & trimmings) were taken from The Spring Stack (DCWV). Yeah, 'spring' but they have baby pink and baby blue designs in them. I even cut out the 'happy birthday' sentiment and and the flower from the same stack. 



This was the first time I embossed on a black card and I wanted the pattern to stand up a little bit more, so I used a sanding block and rubbed against the embossed sheet. First time using the sanding technique too.



This baby has just been submitted for these challenges :



P/S : Oh, I so need fix my DSLR camera. My compact camera hasn't been able to take photos like I intended them to be. 

7 comments:

  1. Jocelyn- Very pretty card and all your details work together nicely. Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so pretty and I love the flower.
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an interesting creation...lots of wonderful elements....thanks so much for playing with Speedy's Friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Joanne! I was trying my best to incorporate the elements due to a sketch.

    ReplyDelete