Friday, February 25, 2011

Less is More



Well, I have yet found my style in making cards yet but I do love the varieties I see from other crafters online. These people (DT members and contestants) from the challenges I joined have such brilliant ideas and I d notice some of them have their personal style. Hmm, I wonder what's mine.



Anyway, here's two cards I made with a simple round shape as a focal point. It was embossed with a Damask pattern, inked with Distress ink at the edge and then the raised pattern highlighted with chalk. It's my first time using the chalk technique. 

















Paper: 5"x5" Cream Card, Yellow/Green Card, Sentiment from Retro (Paper Pizazz)
Ink: Old Paper (Distress)
Accessories: 1.5cm Satin Black Ribbon, Buttons, 3mm Gemstones (Anita's)
Tools: Multi Frames MDF020 (Nellie's), Damask Embossing Folder (Craft Too), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Provo Craft)

Entering the version with green die cut for these challenges :
.

7 comments:

  1. Hi this is awesome, so elegant and pretty. Love your embossing. Thank you for joining my candy and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dora, thanks for coming by! Candy makes the world a better place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the centre embossing,, how effective this is. Thank you for joining us at AGOAC this time. hugz Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card...Love the embossing...Thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. I love the emobssing and to add the gems to the button is a clever touch.
    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge.
    Caroline (GDT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely cards - love your gems. Thanks for joining us this time at Southern Girls.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete